Huntsville, Ontario, Canada
CIQ Certified Coach
CoachingWorks is a leadership, team, and performance improvement company established by Sharon Miller in December 2000.
Sharon Helps Smart Leaders and Teams Meet Ambitious Goals by Changing Themselves, Changing Others, and Changing the System.
Sharon is one of the first global coaches certified in Conversational Intelligence which combines neuroscience and coaching. Companies with highly effective communication practices enjoy 47% higher returns to shareholders (Tower Watson 2010).
Sharon has been dubbed the ‘No Nonsense Coach’ and has helped thousands of clients transform in the following ways:
- Accelerate contribution of leaders requiring elevated levels of personal, team, and organizational capability
- Change High Potentials stuck in behaviour patterns that are getting in the way of advancement, more strategic contribution, and building internal partnerships
- Increasing impact on strategic decisions and influence on others with direct, honest and constructive communication and relationships
- Mobilize and lead others through change
- Build stronger teams willing and able to collaborate positively and productively together as well as across boundaries
- Develop employee talent (360’s and development planning, high potential development programs)
Her services include:
- One-on-One Leadership Coaching
- Team Development & Coaching
- Group Coaching
- Individual and Team Assessments (Conversational Intelligence C-IQ Catalyst; The Leadership Circle 360 Feedback
- Instrument and Team Culture Survey; Team Diagnostic; Leadership Effectiveness Assessment (LEA); Extended DISC for individuals, work pairs, and teams; StrengthsFinder; VIA Survey, StandOut)
- Assessment De-Brief, Interviews, and Action Planning
- Coaching Training
Clients include high achieving executives, professionals and teams in banking, insurance, consumer products, consulting, government, manufacturing, and not-for-profit.
What makes Sharon different than other change specialists?
- As a former Securities Trader under constant stress and ever changing market conditions, she learned adaptability, resilience, quick bottom lined thinking and the ability to act and respond on a dime.
- As the highest rated salesperson in Canada in her market, she became masterful at highly effective relationship and consultative partnerships and removing obstacles to closing deals.
- As a Senior HR Business Partner, she learned about and has been a key player in systemic change, strategic planning, and talent development.
- Less than 1% of leaders are reasonably strong in focusing on both work goals and the needs of other people (Rock 2013). Sharon has real experience in both sides of the leadership equation.
- She has proprietary, practical change methodologies that don’t require invasive organization strategies, can be used immediately and repeatedly, and reduce delay and angst.
- She has always been described as a straight up, clear, truth teller and a person of high integrity. Leaders trust her.
- She has over 4000 hours of coaching over 17 years with several hundred different people in various industries and roles, including President.
Sharon is certified through The Coaches Training Institute (2001) and the International Coach Federation. She was in the inaugural class of global coaches to be certified in Conversational Intelligence. She has had 72 hours of systems, team and relationship coaching training through the Center for Right Relationship (ORSC).