St. James, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
CIQ Certified Coach
Karen Bart- Alexander’s career as a C-IQ Coach is supported by a distinguished career in development work as follows:
Efficiently and effectively functioned in high level managerial positions at NGO, government and international agencies such as:
- Human resource management functions at the Industrial Development Corporation and the Agricultural Development Bank
- Managed the Communications Unit as Advisor to the Attorney General
- Co-managed the Institutional Strengthening Programme of the Gender Affairs Ministry funded by the IADB
- Managed the Community Tourism and Public Awareness Programme of the Tourism and Industrial Development Corporation funded by the IADB
- Established and managed the Women’s Resource and Research Centre funded by CIDA
- Provided consulting services to the Federation of Canadian Municipalities on the CARILED project funded by CIDA and to other UN agencies such as UNDP, UNESCO, UNFPA
- Implemented the gender programme of UNECLAC
- Provides consulting services to the prisoner rehabilitation programme of Vision on Mission
- Trained in monitoring and evaluation techniques, conversational intelligence and advocacy
- Provides efficient project evaluation services for corporate clients
- Participates in the conceptualization, implementation and evaluation of many programmes relating to women, persons with disabilities, youth, prisoners, community development, gender, tourism
- Served on the Boards of several NGOs
- Participates in a wide range of training, research and project implementation
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Built a career in development agencies including; Industrial Development Corporation, Agricultural Development Ban, Ministry of Community Development, Culture and Gender Affairs, Tourism and Industrial Development Co. and Office of the Attorney General
- Non government organizations
- Identifies and analyzes development issues
- Participates in the design, management and facilitation of institutional strengthening and capacity assessment
- Designs programmes and projects
- Accesses and manages funding
- Manages implementation of projects funded by international agencies.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative research on development issues
- Prepares and presents papers.
- Prepares evaluation reports.
- Designs evaluation methodologies.
- Designed a model for national social transformation.
- Participated in the management of institutional strengthening programs
- Compiled a methodology for Constituency Governance
- Designed and co-ordinated national consultations on Social Development , Social Mitigation Planning, Education and Forestry
- Designed and facilitated training and training evaluations
- Produced workshop evaluation reports
- Conducted Values Assessment
- Co-ordinated conferences, local, regional and international
- Developed policy and procedure manuals
- Formulated Toolkit on Gender Responsive Budgeting
- Facilitated the production of Strategic and Operational Plans
- Designed public awareness campaigns
- Designed Development Programs and Plans of Action.
- Founded, managed and provided consulting services to NGOs
- Designed and conducted research on Disability, Youth, Women, Violence and other issues
- Produced research reports and publications
- Conducted training on Building Resilient Communities for the CDF, the POS East Dev. Co and the Ministry of Social Development
- Designed and conducted community mobilization and participatory processes.
- Designed and implemented a model for Community Tourism
- Development of Local Area Economic Profiles
- Life Skills Facilitator for youth and adults
- Co-hosting radio talk-shows